Thursday, April 19, 2012

  Aaaah, It's morning and it's my day off.  What to do, what to do?  I am sitting here drinking my morning coffee.  I am drinking it black wich I have to say is not enjoyable :(  Little changes, right?  If I finish a decent work out and want to waste (I say waste, because basically it is) calories on cream......I totally will!  cream is one of those things that I am having a dificult time giving up and for the most part cannot stand the low/non fat varieties......might as well go black. I suppose that when my daily calorie target goes down even more, I will not  want to waste any on cream.
  I am planning a BIG workout today.  I am setting my sights at a 500-600 calorie burn!  I have been pretty dang good about going to the gym (4-5 days per week plus a 24 flight 12 level stairclimb 1 day while at work).   The fact that I get to eat a little (sometimes quite a bit) more really motivates me to get it done. I am planning this big workout today because I feel like I have not  been eating very much the past couple days and, I'm feeling pretty hungry !   When I post my calorie burn on the "lose it" app,  I always leave some calories out. I want to make sure I'm safe and can account for any inconsistencies on the cardio machine and don't want to eat all of my excersise calories.  This is just me though!
  My roommate's girlfriend made dinner the other night. She likes to cook and best of all.......she usually cooks out of "light" cookbooks! I thought it was very tasty and I did not feel like I was eating any low cal food.  they thought it was a little salty but since I have a love affair with salt (that's a change I'm going to have to make down the line, I know) I thought it was just right. Here is the recipe below including nutritional information.

tasty italian chicken

1/2 chopped onion
1-1/8 teaspoon paprika - divided
3 tsp olive oil - divided
1-1/4 c water
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp reduced sodium chicken boulillon granules
1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 c flour
1-1/2 tsp grated parrmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins

  in small saucepan,saute onion and 1/8 tsp paprika in 1 tsp oil until tender.  Stir in water,tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon, and italian seasoning.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat,simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins.
  Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, parmesan cheese, salt,garlic powder, oregano, and remaining paprika.  Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat
  In large nonstick skillett coated with non stick cooking spray, cook half the chicken in 1 tsp oil for 2-3 mins on each side or until juices run clear.  Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil.  Discard bay leaf from sauce.  serve over chicken

1 serving- 4 oz chicken with 3 tbls sauce
163 calories
3g fat (trace saturated fat)
67mg cholesterol  
287mg sodium
8g carbohydrates
1g fiber
27g protein


serve with :    Creamy Noodles

8oz uncooked thin spaghetti
3 minced garlic cloves
3 tbls butter divided
6 ounces fat free cream cheese cubed
3 tbls reduced fat sour cream
3 tbls fat free milk
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp white pepper
4-1/2 tsp minced fresh parsely

  cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute garlic in 1 tbls butteruntil tender.  Add cream cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, onion powder, cajun seasoning, pepper and remainng butter.  Cook and stirover low heat until smooth (do not boil) remove from heat
  Drain pasta;toss with cream sauce.  Sprinkle with parsley. serve

yields 6-1cup servings

234 calories
7g fat
20mg cholesterol
547mg sodium
32g carbohydrates
1g fiber
10g protein


*courtesy of "everyday light meals"

No comments:

Post a Comment