Friday, April 20, 2012

  what a long day! got to work at 7:00am and left at 8:00pm (this is my usual shift 3 days a week.) After work I went straight to the gym for a 320 calorie burn. Night workouts are not what I favor.
  I have found that these long shifts are hard when you are trying to lead a healthier lifestyle. My job is usually feast or famine. Sometimes I have so much free time.  Snacking became a habit of sorts during these periods. Other I times, we will go hours and hours without a meal break so when you finally get your lunch you feel famished and want to eat everything in sight and often go for the quick unhealthy option. All in all, I have to say that my eating was pretty good today (I know, I know- I used real cheese, but a VERY small amount and the snickers well.....it's fun size! and it's friday)  As promised.......here is what I ate!

At Home-
8oz black coffee with splenda   -   5 calories  (who knew coffee and splenda both had calories....I didn't)

At work-
8oz coffee with 3 tbls creamer and 1 Splenda  (those little individual "buckets" of creamer are just under a tbls, I used 3)   - 63 calories

Breakfast-
3/4C Bite size Shredded Wheat    - 135 cals
1/4c 2% milk  - 61 cals
1 String cheese  - 80 cals
1 champagne mango-  107 cals

Snack-
Rice cake with 2/3 tbls peanut butter  - 98 cals

Lunch-
4oz grilled chicken breast  -  124 cals
salad
1-1/2c romaine lettuce  -  12 cals
3 cherry tomatoes  - 9 cals
1/8c chopped red bell pepper  - 6 calories
1/8c chopped cucumber  - 2 cals
1/4c dry chow mein noodles  -  59 cals
1-1/2  tbls Kraft light asian dressing (wich is very good btw!)  -  38 cals
1 diet Sprite

Snack-
1 orange

Workout-
320 calories burned on elliptical trainer

Snack-
1 16oz post workout peach protein smoothy from smoothy bar at gym   -  180 calories

Dinner- 
1/2 whole wheat pita bread lightly toasted  -  80 cals
1/2oz goat cheese spread on pita  -  52 calories
1 tbls olive tapenade spread on top of cheese
Salad
1c red leaf lettuce  -  4 cals
3 cherry tomatoes  - 9 cals
1/8c chopped cucumber  - 2 cals
1/2 tbls balsalmic vinegar
1c 1% milk  - 102 cals

Snack-
1 fun size Snickers bar -  140 cals  

*My daily calorie budget according to "lose it" is 1232 calories
I added 250 (I try not to add them all) of my 320 calories burned for a total of 1437 calories consumed

  BTW- This is one of my favorite dinners to make it is so delicious and only 287 calories including the milk!  It's also easy and fast.  I like to use plain balsalmic vinegar on salads when I don't want to waste calories on dressing.  I work VERY hard to make sure I don't go over my budget. Some days (like yesterday) my meals are not particularly healthy but I never go over my budget. 

Have a good night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment