So I am trying to follow the 80/20 philosophy when it comes to my diet. 80% healthy nutritious food and 20% "not so healthy" foods. This 20% includes my daily piece of chocolate or added butter etc. Everyone has a different idea of what is healthy. For example, I know some people who would consider any store bought pre packaged food of any kind to be on the "no no list.". Yes, a package of cookies is bad, but I don't believe that a cup of store bought 2% plain yogurt is bad. I don't believe 1/2 cup of 1% milk is bad. I don't think an appropriate serving of a low cal/fat salad dressing is bad. So for me, the obvious junk foods are the bad foods. I purchased some "fiber one" bars. They are probably considered a "junk food." I don't love the way they taste and I would never choose to eat these as a "guilty pleasure." I only bought and eat these because I find it impossible to eat enough fiber (they contain a whopping 9grams of fiber!) while following a low cal diet! So the question is.....does this go toward my 20%
BYW- I'm thinking I need to follow a 85/15 diet soon.....just a little re-vamp!

No comments:
Post a Comment