Aggghhh, headache, headache, headache! I think that headaches are a side effect of calorie/sugar reduction. I have been fighting a headache for 3 days now! Anyone else have this problem? I popped 3 Advil and hope that this headache subsides soon. As soon as it goes away, I will head to the gym (the sooner the better) and try to get in a 500 calorie burn!
Sunday was a challenging day for me "food wise." I think I learned a valuable lesson though. I was on call and was "paged" into work in the morning. After a few hours I was done and returned home and then........I was unexpectedly called back in again! I hadn't planned ahead and didn't have a dinner planned and packed ahead of time and didn't have the time to pack one. I figured that I would buy one at work when I had a break. By the time I got a break, they were done serving dinner. I was left to eat (I was starving!) what was on hand and didn't have good nutritional information for my food. I'm not sure but I wouldnt be suprised if I went over my calorie intake for the day :(
What I learned is this- I have to be better prepared for life's curveballs when it comes to my meal planning! I know there will be times when I will go over my "balance." Usually I plan ahead for those special days or meals (that's another post.) I certainly don't want to waste calories on a cruddy bistro/cafeteria meal at work! I really want to make those cheats count! Something I LOVE. My beloved gnocchi at Ristorante Machiavelli, Birthday Brunch, Easter! My next cheat will be dinner and drinks at/before the Black Keys concert on may 8th! My last cheat (not counting Sundays possible disaster!) was easter weekend. I try to make it once a month or once every 3 weeks or so. I havn't been eating out (unless I can find calorie counts for foods at a restaurant and can find something I can EASILY fit in) and I have not been drinking. Boring, I know! I do not want to be one of those boring people that wont eat out and meet with friends when she's dieting. Ive been trying to be dilligent and I'm down nearly 20 pounds. I figure that when I lose another 10-15 lbs that I will loosen up some! Yep!- When my clothes loosen up some, I will loosen up some :)
I also learned something else! - Being overweight, even just a little has so many dangerous consequenes. Diabetes, stroke, heart disease, cancers. The list goes on and on. Sometimes though, just sometimes, on VERY rare occasions.......being overweight can save your life! I'm still going to lose weight and get healthy because I am not expecting to ever experience a physical trauma so bad that all my extra fat protects my bones and innards! I do wonder though, if when we get into our "Golden years" if its healthier for us to be at the higher end of our suggested bmi's (not overweight per se) for the sole purpose of protecting our bones from fractures so often experienced by senior citizens as a result of falls! This is just my opinion/thoughts. I'll have to ask a doctor for their opinion on the matter!
Well, that's it for today. My headache is already better! It's time for me to hit the gym! Have a great day!
I got an intense sugar-withdrawal headache when I cut it out for my cleanse. It lasted about 3 days. They are horrible though! Congrats on your weight loss! That is awesome!!
ReplyDelete