Today is a non-workout day. What this means is....today I can only eat 1219 calories! It is amazing how fast you can use up 1219 calories. No cream in my coffee, no chocolate after dinner, no heavy dressings. Today is a pretty bare bones day as far as foods go (ok, I had half a bagel at breakfast...but half!) and, I have changed my dinner menu about 5 times already in order to find something that will fit into my budget. I feel very hungry wich is miserable. I'm drinking tea to try to curb my hunger. I feel like I have been hungry to the extreme for the past week. Strange how sometimes you feel satisfied and other times...ravenous!
Here is what I ate today:
16oz of coffee (2 8oz cups a couple hours apart) 5 cals
2 splenda 7 cals
2% fage yogurt 140 cals
100% fruit bar (fresh fruit isn't usually an option for me..allergies,yada yada yada ) 140 cals
1/2 bagel 144 calories
1/20z cream cheese 48 cals
3oz chicken breast 93 cals
1.5c lettuce 4 cals
1/4c cucumber 4 cals
1/4 red bell pepper 9 cals
1Tbls low cal italian dressing 26 cals
1/4c beets
5 black olives 18 cals
5 croutons 30 cals
diet rootbeer 0 cals
sweet onion teriyaki sandwich (subway) with slice of american 420 cals
rice cake 35 cals
1/2tbls peanut butter 47
stick of gum (yep,have to count it,stupid huh?) 5 cals
this leaves me with 21 calories left over. I was able to eat out tonight at Subway and enjoy 1/2 bagel at breakfast. I can see by looking at this that another breakfast item might have held me over alot better, but I was craving that bagel. I've also heard that rice cakes have no nutritional value, but I do like them and I figure some protein from the p.b. would help. Eating less is what is most difficult for me. Eating healthier isn't the hardest part......
Great job!!! I just read an article that says that if you drink coffee before you workout you will burn more fat. It also says not to drink too much caffeine throughout the day because you will lose the fat burning effect.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I don't know if I could workout with out the coffee, ha ha! (that might make it sound like like im joking, but I'm not! coffee addict here!) I can barely tie my shoe laces with out my morning coffee.......but I do stick to green tea later in the day :} maybe i should switch to herbal tea! Thanks for the info and for confirming what I have always known/hoped to be true......coffee drinking is good for us! (I just so badly want that to be true)
ReplyDelete