Friday, May 18, 2012

  Well, I am the same weight I was 2 weeks ago when I last had an official weight in!  I feel like my weight is different every hour.  I had 2 cheat days the week of the 8th.  That may be it.  My scale is also acting "strange."  It's clear though that I need to make some more changes to my diet/routine.  I have been eating like "a calorie is a calorie is a calorie."  I try to follow a 70/30 % rule when it comes to food.  70% healthy food/30% not healthy food.  If I want a coke, I drink one!  I just deduct it from my calorie account.  My goal is to change this to 80/20 or 85/15 and eat less processed unhealthy food and try to watch my carb intake a little more.  I have heard that if you eat 1200 calories in fruit,veggies,whole grains you will see the same weight loss results as if you consume 1200 calories of chocolate chip cookies (of course you don't feel the same!).  I don't know if this is true, but I am going to make some changes to my diet and see if I notice any differences.  I am also worried about my excersise calories.  I do not eat all of them but I eat most of them.  My thought on this is that if I consume 1200 calories a day and do a 600 calorie workout on top of that, than I am only taking in 600 calories a day......wich isn't enough!  I am left wondering if eating these might be slowing my weight loss!  It is always discouraging when your weight loss slows.  You do all this work. Count all your calories, hit the gym......and don't see fast results!  It can be enough to drive you crazy and for some enough to make you quit.  You always hear people say "you don't gain it overnight, you don't lose it overnight!"  That is true but, we want to see the results of our hard work and it's HARD when the results come so slow.  I will stay at it, but I really need to buckle down and eat healthier and maybe eat a little less:(
  Today I packed a salad for lunch.  When lunch came around I was SO hungry and didn't feel like a salad was going to cut it (I almost always crave my salad and feel satisfied after.)  I got a sandwich instead.  This was a mistake!   It's too hard to tell how many calories are in a purchased sandwich.  How many calories are in this bread roll? the cheese?   I ate 1/2 a sandwich and then waited.......was this enough? would I feel full?.........No, my stomach is still growling.......so I relent and eat the other half as well!  I have no idea how many calories are in this sandwich (it wasn't a horribly unhealthy sandwich.)  I would bet money that I am over my calories today after this lunch fiasco.  By the way, I was still hungry even after finishing the whole sandwich.  I think that if I had an afternoon snack before lunch I wouldn't have been so hungry and would have been happy with my salad.  The bigger issue here is this- Even if youre starving......Eat what you packed for lunch!  Eat that salad, you know how many calories are in it!  I know you want something else, but too bad, you cannot eat what you want all the time, Don't waste precious calories on cafeteria food, If you really want to go over your calorie budget do it infrequently and make sure it counts!   I feel like I was on top of it my first month but these last <2 months I have been giving myself more wiggle room, maybe too much wiggle room.  I almost never go over my calorie budget but some of my calories are wasted and honestly some of them are "guessed at"  (I'm guessing how many calories are in that chicken gyro by looking at calories of each individual item, but  cannot be sure.)  I need more structure and more rules.  Things like meeting people for dinner or traveling home are starting to worry me.  How can I keep track of all of this?  Traveling makes me nervous because I cannot go to gym wich leaves me with 1200 calories to eat a day.  I'm supposed to go home this weekend and my plan was to go and not worry too much about what I was eating, but with my less than stellar results this last 2 weeks I am hesitant to make the trip.  I am leaning towards staying in town at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment